If you are considering performing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) on any of your websites to improve your SERP, then you need to think how to assess the efforts and costs against actually returns and results. Do you know how your site ranks for the main keywords that you want to target? If you don’t, you really should! After all, if you don’t know how well your website is performing at the moment, or its ‘normal’ SERP fluctuations, how do you expect to be able to judge if an SEO campaign is providing beneficial results?
There are many systems for doing this, and we’ll look at an effective and affordable solution shortly, but the one thing you don’t want to do is keep manually searching your keyword phrases to see where your website ranks. While it can give ‘some’ insight, the results usually are too skewed by your previous search history, location information, browser settings, logins (such as Hotmail and Gmail). What you want is a system that will check from a set browser, from a set location (for example Google.co.uk), automatically on a regular basis, and that clearly shows increases and decreases in SERPs (Search Engine Ranking Positions).
The primary tool that we use to assess the improvements and issues with our websites is SerpBook (click the link).
The reason that we chose this system is that of its full features and ‘hands-off’ monitoring. It’s a set and forget method, only that you should check the results reasonably regularly to uncover issues (such as sites errors causing ranking drops) and to be sure the SEO approach that you or your team are taking is having a beneficial effect.
Here are some of the useful features of SerpBook:
1) Track from specified locations and their local versions of search engines.
2) Track rankings for Bing, Google, Yahoo, YouTube and even Google Maps.
3) Client project management features.
4) Displays actual keyword traffic volumes from Google.
5) Create and share reports, in including live project links that clients can view.
6) Alerts by email about the losing or dropping of any essential keywords.
7) Scheduled reports to the account owner and also for clients.
8) White label reports – add your business logo to PDFs.
9) API lets developers use data in their applications.
10) 14 Day Free Trial.
These features not only allow you to do well online and monitor your progress but if you are performing SEO for others, it will enable you to prove your authority and that what you are doing is worth the money that they are paying you for your efforts.
A great thing about this tool is that it can check Google.co.th in English or Thai language, allowing you to target your local audience as you want to correct.
So, with all this in mind, if you are serious about your online business, take a look at what SerpBook has to offer.